Are you tired of seeing your pool getting dirty every once in a while? It’s easy to forget to clean your pool, and it’s such a big hassle at the same time.
In these cases, a pool cleaning system can be your way out of this problem. Here, I go through in-floor pool cleaning system reviews to help you out in deciding whether to get one or not.
Without wasting much time, let’s get going.
All About In-Floor Pool Cleaning System
If you don’t know about an in-floor pool cleaning system, then I have got you covered. An in-floor pool cleaning system is a pop-up cleaning system on your pool floor.
They clear all the debris and dirt from your pool. These are pop-up systems, which means that they will be popped inside the pool floor when they are not in operation.
These cleaners are usually scattered all over the pool area to clean the pool from different zones. You can find them on walls, steps, benches, and the floors as well.
Also, they are placed strategically, so setting them up properly needs a little bit of expertise and knowledge about them.
The working mechanism of an in-floor pool cleaning system is pretty straightforward. They will spray the water in the direction of the drain, which will also include all the dirt and debris alongside.
The goal of the cleaners is to push dirt and debris towards the drain.
The reason for having multiple pop cleaners is to guide the debris towards the drain from all over the pool.
With the strategic placement of these cleaners, you can easily see debris from each part going towards the drain being pushed by the cleaners.
This whole thing is set up at the time of building a pool. You can integrate the system afterward as well. However, it will be much more difficult and trickier to pull off.
Also, it may cost more money than installing it at the time of built.
In-Floor Pool Cleaning System Pros And Cons
To decide the worth of an in-floor pool cleaning system, you should always look at the pros and cons of having it. This makes it much easier to see the value of it from a clear perspective.
Benefits Of Having An In-Floor Pool Cleaning System
There are lots of advantages of having an in-floor pool cleaning system in your pool. While some are obvious, some may also surprise you.
So, let’s check out the pros of having this cleaning system in your pool and see if it’s worth it or not.
- Let’s start with the most apparent benefit of the system, which is automatic cleaning of your pool. It will remove all the dirt and debris from your pool without you having to worry about it all. This results in a cleaner pool where you will love to swim around without concerns.
- Having an in-floor pool cleaning system will result in getting better water circulation in the pool. It also helps in proper heat distribution throughout the pool. While these may not seem like too much, they can have a huge impact on making your pool a much better place to be in.
- It doesn’t matter what type of pool you have; as long as there is a floor, you can install it. Also, it’s not that difficult to integrate this system at the time of building your pool. This makes it even better to have in your pool in the beginning stages.
- You will have to use less electricity for this cleaning method than other pool cleaning tools. So, you can save up on your electricity bill and the extra effort of using manual tools when you have this cleaning system in your pool.
- It may not be too much of a concern, but you can match up the color of the pool surface with your cleaning system. There are lots of color options available out there to match your pool surface and the cleaning system.
- The whole in-floor pool cleaning system is pretty quiet in operation, which makes it much more convenient. You won’t have to bother with any annoying noises that robotic cleaners typically make.
- As the in-floor cleaner cleans up all the dirt very quickly, you won’t face any staining issues in your pool. Now, this is a benefit you can always use for your pool cleaning system. It’s a great advantage to have anyways.
Well, as you can see, there are lots of reasons for having an in-floor pool cleaning system.
However, it’s not all good; there are some drawbacks to having this cleaning system on your pool. Let’s check them out very quickly to decide if it’s worth it or not.
Drawbacks Of An In-Floor Pool Cleaning System
Even though there aren’t many cons of having an in-floor cleaning system, there are some you should be aware of overall. So, here they are-
- An in-floor pool cleaning system will get you rid of debris and dirt only from the bottom part. You will still need to clean the pool surface so that it can be a concern for some.
- The installation is quite expensive, just for the cleaner system itself. Adding that to the cost of pool construction may seem a lot for some people.
- You will have to install it at the time of pool construction. Otherwise, the job gets very difficult if you try to install this system in any existing pool.
- It’s hard to fix any problems or issues with the cleaner system if you face any. You can only rely on professionals to fix the problems, and it costs quite a bit to improve as well.
- This cleaner system by itself isn’t enough to clean your pool thoroughly. You will have to bring out your vacuum or other manual cleaning methods alongside this one at times.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For an in-floor pool cleaning system, you may have to spend between $5,000 to $10,000.
Yes, there are some drawbacks but an in-floor pool cleaning system helps to circulate water and keep your pool water clean. So, they are worth the cost for sure.
For one-time pool cleaning, it will cost you between $200 to $300. However, the national average cost of such pool cleaning is $1,032 per year.
Yes, if you get a robotic pool cleaner, it cleans both the small and large debris. And out of many functions, it can scrab the pool wall and tile lines.
Of course, it’s cheaper when you do it yourself. But you still have to buy all the cleaning items, equipment and chemicals.
In short, this in-floor pool cleaning system review gives you an idea of the worth of having them. It’s not cheap to install this system, but it’s undoubtedly worth it.
Even though you have to clean up the pool surface yourself, you don’t need to worry about the deep and bottom part of your pool at all when you have this.
So, if you don’t mind the cost, make sure to include this when constructing your pool. It’s best to do that; otherwise, you will have to go through a lot of trouble installing this system in an existing pool.