In terms of dumping mechanism, huge load-bearing capacity, and great maneuverability – Gorilla Carts have the best dump cart for lawn tractor.
Other than that, a few models of lawn mowing trailer from Agri-Fab doing great as well. I have reviewed a couple of them here.
Comparison Table For Dumping Cart
Gorilla Carts GOR6PS
|View On Amazon|
Gorilla Carts GOR4PS
|View On Amazon|
Ohio Steel 4048PHYB
|View On Amazon|
Gorilla Carts GOR200B
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Sandusky Lee CW3418
|View On Amazon|
Gorilla Carts GOR1001
|View On Amazon|
10 Best Dump Cart For Lawn Tractor Reviews 2021
There are plenty of ATV dump carts or simple lawn mowing trailers from various brands. As you can see I have covered only a few and mostly from Gorilla Carts.
Without spending much time, you can check them from the table above. But you are welcome to read their in-depth reviews as well.
Gorilla Carts: Model GOR6PS
Heavy works require a heavy dumping cart. With 1,200 pounds loading capacity, GOR6PS is exactly what you need for your lawn tractor. A perfect choice for your landscaping work.
Many have exceeded its capacity to move tons of dump without having any issue. Need to dump 20 tons of dump? No problem when you have GOR6PS. Moving crushed stones or firewood has never been so easy!
Even if you have uneven terrain you will find it works great there. Very convenient to pull over on uneven surfaces. Thanks to its larger tires! A perfect alternative to wheelbarrows for your landscaping.
Sometimes, it’s hard to move stuff around your property when it is uneven and sloped. Definitely, a wheelbarrow can’t get the job done. You need this Gorilla cart for such tough jobs.
The sturdy wagon is better than any wheelbarrow by any parameter. Yes, you will find it a little bit heavy when you need to pull up high hill. But, no other solution will work better for you in this case too.
Drag it over lava rocks fully loaded. You will be amazed to see how resilient it is. For several years, many have been using it at its fullest capacity. And it’s still doing a great job.
Many have feared it would fall apart carrying tons of rocks and other dumps. It has proved them all wrong. No matter how abusively you use it, it won’t give up.
If you need something real deal, it is for you. Keep it outside all the time. The rain or sun won’t do any damage. It has been working great years after years.
And yes, putting it together is easy. Read the instruction first and gather all the necessary tools. You should be able to do it in just 40 minutes.
Pros & More Features
- With 44” L x 25.7” W x 26.2” H dimensions, the lawn mowing trailer is what you need for your large lawn or garden.
- Quick and easy unloading dump feature. And it really works!
- 2-in-1 padded handle. You can tow it or pull it with your bare hand.
- It features pneumatic tires for rough surfaces.
- Perfect for any ATV or lawn tractor. Thanks to its single pin feature.
- It arrives mostly assembled. Needs minimal assembly from your end.
- Soft-metal made hitch.
- There are a few incidences where the clasp does not lock totally.
Gorilla Carts GOR4PS
There are plenty of good reasons why they call it the BEAST. Very sturdy and it can move across various terrains. The overall build quality is amazing too. And yes, assembling it is no brainer.
To move bricks, rocks, or dirt – the cart is great. Even to carry water, it’s perfect. In fact, you can trust this dumping cart for any heavy-duty hauling with full confidence.
Overall, it’s a fantastic cart with huge payload capacity. With extremely nice wheels, the super solid construction is impressive. You can make very tight turns. It tilts and dumps well too.
When you have a large garden or you have a lawn tractor, this is a nice addition. It is more useful than what you expect to do with it. No matter how sharp turns you have to make, you will find it very handy.
No matter what your need is, it is sturdy enough to handle it. With great maneuvers, you can move anything you want conveniently in your yard/lawn. Very convenient to pull across the yard or even into the house!
If you are not happy with your current wagon because it is hard to turn and very stiff, give this a try. You won’t be disappointed. Do not worry about your large lawn that needs serious cleanup. It will take of it seriously.
It comes with wheels that have larger diameter tires. It won’t get stuck like what you used to face with a smaller hand cart.
Unlike any other dump carts from other brands, it won’t tip over. Thanks to its wider stance. It has made it really stable.
There are some negative reviews about it and most of them are about how hard it is to assemble. Yes, without the right tools, it is hard. Get a ratchet set first, get to assemble it. It will be much easier then.
More Features & Pros
- Maximum of600 pounds at a time. Carry thousands of hundreds of tons of load for several years.
- Available in both green and black colors.
- Smart dumping mechanism.
- Large 10-inch pneumatic tires for easy pulling across rough terrains.
- Durable and rust-proof poly bed. Do not worry. It won’t crack under heavy load.
- You can carry everything literally. Carrying wet and sopping muddy stuff again and again yet it will keep working as good as a new one.
- Improved frame design for reduced assembly time.
- Assembly requires time and you have to be patient.
Ohio Steel Dump Cart
If you have a great budget and need something insanely powerful that will meet any of your heavy-duty works – you can try this one from Ohio Steel. Within a short time, it has made its presence known quickly.
It’s a solid performer in every way. I have reviewed a couple of wagon trailer brands. This one is so far the most expensive one. And apparently, it deserves every penny if you need something high-end.
Not just for mulch and plants, you can use it to move tree trimmings and other heavy objects. What great is that you can tow it with any mower from any brand including the John Deer lawnmower.
You will be surprised to see how easily it hauls and dumps. Everything is so smooth! And the most important feature of the cart is that unlike other metal carts, it won’t dent! It won’t bend permanently.
Also, you don’t have to worry about rusting over the years. No noise either while traveling over rough terrain. Very quiet! Can you say that for metal wagons? Many have left their reviews after using it for years and their recommendation is amazing.
For even a better result, change the default hitch and get a 2-inch ball hitch. It will perform even better! If you can afford it, you won’t regret it. It is far better than whatever you have used in the past.
More Features Of Ohio Steel Dump Cart
- Another trustworthy wagon produced proudly in the United States.
- Sturdy and perfectly stable ATV cart with 1,250 pounds of load capacity.
- Easy and convenient swiveling dump.
- The hitch literally swivels for uneven terrain.
- Great maneuverability. Wherever you ATV goes, it will go. It goes through the stumps and water smoothly.
- The hitch pin won’t support all the tractors. You may need to buy the pin separately in that case.
Gorilla Carts GOR200B
No matter how tight places it encounters, it maneuvers easily. Another sturdy and heavy-end Gorilla Cart that you can put your trust like the thousands already did. And they have admitted they made their best decisions.
Like the previous two models of the same brand, the dumping mechanism of model GOR200B works well too. It won’t slam down when you dump and release the handle. Instead, it glides back into the locking position.
It’s very sturdy but lightweight and runs smoothly. While maneuvering, it does not cause any friction or strain. Many have confirmed it rides smoothly while moving the trash from the to the pickup pit.
As usual, it features the pneumatic wheels. That’s the reason it is way much better than any wheelbarrow. That’s why it is so good to pull it across uncertain and uneven terrains. The pneumatic wheels have really made it stand alone.
From hauling firewood to move landscape pavers and dirt, you will find it really useful. Many have been using it to dump truckloads of mulch and for hauling garden soil. Yes, you can fill it full to the brim without any issue and clean up trash.
No matter how rougher terrain it is, you can easily putt it. Thanks to it’s the bigger rubber wheels. Apart from sturdy build quality and smart dumping feature, you don’t need to wear any gloves to pull the handle. Thanks to its neoprene padding to the handle!
Don’t be surprised when you see why so many people call it a workhorse. From dirt, stones, and dirt – you name it. It has plenty of positive feedback and recommendations.
Features & More Pros of Gorilla Cart GOR200B
- From kids to senior citizens, everyone can pull the garden wagon without having any third party help.
- A stable cart and true replacement for your wheelbarrow.
- Enormous loading capacity for a smaller cart. 600 pounds hauling capacity!
- Very lightweight. It weighs only 35 pounds. But make no mistake…It’s insanely strong and sturdy.
- Follow the instructions and gather all the right tools (a drill & 2 ratchets). You will find it too easy to assemble.
- The rubberized wheels won’t do any harm for your hardwood floors too.
- From uneven grass terrain to sandy dirt – it can move your load easily.
- Very affordable cost too.
- Flimsy bed. But many people find the plastic bed useful because it flexes and bends when necessary.
- It makes a little noise while rolling.
Let’s try a new brand and like the most popular Gorilla Carts, Agri-Fab is another trusted and popular brand too when it comes to dumping cart for lawn tractor.
Including the Husqavarna riding lawnmower, it fits almost any lawn tractor. And from moderate to heavy loads, many have put their trust in this very old brand.
It holds up well even under abusive usages. You can load it up with granite chips, wood, concrete bags, mulching bags, etc. and move them anywhere you want conveniently.
No, the steel body won’t flex under heavy loads. Yes, you will find some customer feedback saying it has a thin steel body. But don’t be afraid. The braces and brackets reinforce it to hold up really well.
A solid ATV dump cart that can withstand tons of loads without giving up. After comparing it with other models from big stores, many have confirmed it’s build quality is better than them.
Apart from excellent capacity, it has a dynamic dumping feature too. You won’t be exhausted like pushing a wheelbarrow at all. Hauling firewood, mowing grass, or sod – you can do it all without worrying.
Reliable lawn mowing trailer from a trusted brand. Many have trusted this and they are still happy with it. You won’t be disappointed as well.
Most importantly, you can’t beat it for its affordable price. The handy yard trailer also got some huge recommendations too.
Now, see it’s official video demonstration here.
More Pros & Features of Agri-Fab 45-0101
- Proudly made in the United States!
- 32.5″W x 49″L x 12″ H bed dimension. Scratch-resistant (powder-coat paint) metal bed frame for long-enduring performance.
- Suitable for larger loads. Maximum capacity is 750 pounds.
- It features large 16” X 4” pneumatic tires for great maneuverability for rough terrain.
- Smart foot lever dumping feature. Little effort to dump large loads.
- It comes with the universal hitch that supports almost all tractor for popular brands.
- Very reasonable price but you will get a high-end wagon that would cost you twice if you check the price in stores.
- Made of metal. So it is subject to rusting. You should keep it clean.
- Many have expressed their discontent with its thin metal body.
- Have a few incidents where the tires blew just after a few days.
Sandusky Lee CW3418
If you need a cheap but best dump cart for your yard work, you can get it from Sandusky Lee. It’s inexpensive but another workhorse too. Already got tons of positive feedback from thousands of people.
From heavy garden stones to everything, you can unload them easily. Hauling rocks when redoing your garden is a tiresome job. You can make it less frightening if you have the Sandusky Lee CW3418 garden dump cart.
The drop downsides are a brilliant design. Unloading bags of dumps is so easy and painless now. The nice utility trailer has brilliant wheels too. They are perfect for all-terrain. It will run smoothly over pulled weeds, hoses, and other little obstacles.
Many people were skeptical thinking they would get a crappy wagon. Some of them used it with their lawn tractor and some of them pulled it with their bare hands. They are now its greatest admirers.
Because of its various usages both outside and inside the house, many have called the well-made cart a keeper. Anyone can pull it. From kids to physically challenged elderly. Thanks to its big wheels.
The capacity is decent for most of the work. And over the years, you can load and unload tons of various materials. From carrying firewood to getting rid of grass clippings from your lawn, it comes in handy for literally everything.
Though it might sound unreal you will find it too easy to assemble. There are only a few things left to assemble from your part.
Some are uncomfortable with its stinky tires. And yes, the tires do stink at first. But it’s unfair to leave any negative feedback just because of that. The smell quickly dissipates in just a few days.
Features & More Pros
- You can transport up to 400 pounds. And the wagon itself measures 18″ W x 34″ L x 21.75″ H.
- Give it a try if you are tired of carrying things by your hands.
- Large 10″ pneumatic rubber tires to move on any surfaces (including sand) and floor types.
- Fold-down sides (all the 4 sides) for easy loading and unloading.
- Easy to pull handle.
- Corrosion-resistant steel mesh sides.
- Very rugged and lightweight. It weighs only 40 pounds. Very easy to steer and control it.
- Exactly what you need to make all of your outside works much easier.
- Durable performance. Many have been using it for years.
- Very responsive company to help out customers.
- Flimsy wire mesh walls.
Gorilla Carts GOR1001
Another Sturdy utility cart with mesh sides. Like the previously reviewed models from the same brand, it is great to haul stuff for your garden or lawn. Along with its large bed area, the other features have already impressed a lot.
Unlike other ATV dump carts that are very heavy and cumbersome to pull from other brands, it is very lightweight and makes your job easy. Apart from manual pulling, you can hook it up with almost any riding lawn mower or lawn tractors.
From pneumatic tires to the handle, everything is well made. The quality of the metal and the welding quality – everything is topnotch. The attention to the details is really great. Everything is designed to make it last for a long time.
I can’t explain how easy it is to pull. Load it up with 300 pounds of stuff and you can still pull it with just one finger. The sturdy but lightweight removable mesh sides have made it really easy loading/unloading an easy job.
So, don’t be surprised to see why so many have raved about this car because the mobility and design have impressed thousands already.
From tons of mulching bags to planting dirt – this will be your all-time keeper. There is plenty of room there to load it up with whatever you wish to carry.
For durability and construction, Gorilla Carts have done it again! You can literally load it up with tons of your stuff and pull it easily. Thanks to its light frame and pneumatic wheels!
With a very cart loaded with tons of dumps – you will most likely hurt your back. Get this tough and sturdy cart now and you won’t be sorry.
More Pros & Features
- Insanely 1,000 pounds of capacity.
- 13 inches large pneumatic tires for great maneuver.
- Great axle system connected to the front wheels to make tight turns at your will.
- From senior citizens to kids, anyone can pull it at ease.
- Extra large and durable 49-inch x 24.5-inch mesh bed and 11 inches tall sides. Exactly what you need for your yard work.
- To the top of the sides, it can hold up to 7.33 cubic feet.
- Intelligent 2-in-1 handle that can be pulled by hand or towed with a lawn tractor.
- You can completely transform the cart to a flatbed as well. Carrying lumber or tree limbs is easy now.
- Easy assembly and it comes with everything needed for the assembly.
- Inner tubes are not so great.
If you are too old or just tired to push a wheelbarrow and need to get more work done with less effort, you need a garden dump cart. Other than Gorilla Carts, a few other brands like Craftsman are doing great to provide quality dumping carts.
It’s small in size and very lightweight. But surprisingly sturdy! For lighter chores like moving leaves, branches, or firewood – it’s great. The durability of the trailer is awesome too.
Many have appreciated it saying it’s so handy and very easy to maneuver. Apart from pulling by hand, you can attach it to your riding mower as well. And it costs way much less than what you think. Great value!
The maximum capacity of the wagon trailer is just 350 pounds. So, you can guess it’s not something industrial grade capacity but you can have it for your small to the medium-size yard. And it’s very nice for the cost.
It won’t rush ever simply because it’s a plastic container. But don’t make the mistake thinking it is flimsy or anything. It’s insanely sturdy and perfect for every homeowner.
For your zero turn riding mower, it’s a nice addition. It tracks and rolls nicely behind your mower on uneven terrain too. No matter how rough a yard you got, it will move like a charm.
Many have already moved stones, bricks, and other stuff without having any issue. Without being tired, you can move it easily. The trailer has been serving well and lots of people have recommended this for their friends and family too.
Features & More Pros
- Small load capacity (350 lbs.) with an overall bed dimension of 32. 5 in. L x 46 in. W x 11 in. H.
- Large 14 inches Pneumatic tires to move gently across the yard.
- Rust-resistant poly bed. A quite sturdy trailer for various usage.
- It features an easy release dump handle. You will find it very handy and the dump level is very sturdy.
- Universal hitch to fit almost any lawn tractors. Yes, it comes with the hitch pin.
- From 30 inches to 42 inches, it fits nicely with all Craftsman riding mowers too including John Deere X300.
- From hauling loads of dirt and even mixing concrete, the poly bed is really nice. Just make sure to wash it well afterward.
- A little bit difficult to put together.
Gorilla Carts GOR800
A stunningly shiny and sturdy wagon. With 800 loading capacity and removable mesh sides, GOR800 is another addition to the Gorilla Carts’ lawn mowing trailer series.
Whereas the sides of most other carts go down (not removable), you can completely remove the sides to make it a flatbed. Hence, carrying big and heavy objects from time to time is no problem.
Apart from that, you can haul all of your gear and debris too around your garden. As always, the wheels are well-made and roll nicely on all surfaces. You can pull it smoothly on rough terrain or just hook it up with your mower.
The brand is famous for durable and stable carts and this one is no exception. You will find it easy to maneuver on all surfaces like soft, hard, and uneven surfaces of your lawn. If you need more stability and better stacking, you put some plywood at the bottom.
Super rugged design for long endurance and prolonged performance. Yes, do not worry about the weight of the load. Remove the piles of rocks or anything you need with confidence. It won’t let you down.
Many were skeptical about its capacity when moving heavy objects like pressure treated timbers or large rocks. But it did the job without failing them. Now, they are wondering why they did not get it a long ago!
Apart from your gardening projects, you can use it for hauling furniture and even for your grocery needs. In a nutshell, this is the best ATV dump trailer you want for hauling any heavy and large objects.
Yes, the smell from the wheels is remarkably strong. For the first few days, keep it outside and certainly don’t keep it inside your house. The bad odor will go away soon.
More Features & Pros
- Available in red color. Suitable for both professional landscaper and casual gardener.
- A great wagon made of full metal; no plastic used.
- 800 pounds of weight capacity with completely removable sides (for better ground clearance).
- Large 10-inch pneumatic tires for any modest terrain. Moves like a charm on steep inclines.
- From large hills to rough terrain, perfect for every surface. Yes, you can use it on the beach too.
- The front-wheel turns for easy navigation.
- 38-inch x 21-inch mesh bed.
- Removable handle so that you can tow it to a tractor.
- Unlike other models of the same brand, it is very easy to assemble.
- On hard surfaces, it rattles loudly.
Agri-Fab Poly Cart
A poly tow cart but a very sturdy one with huge capacity (800 pounds). Your landscaping blocks deserve something like this. Just within the first weekends, many have moved thousands of tons of stuff without any issue.
That’s not the only reason why so many people are really impressed with the wagon trailer for the price. It’s a rockstar for quality and price. You can put your trust in it
People have many good reasons to avoid cheap sheet metal trailers. If you are one of them, go for it. It is far better than all those cheap trailers.
Don’t be worried about the plastic tub. The thickness is okay and durable and there is no reason to be concerned about it. For the heavy loads, the volume and size of the plastic tub are more than enough.
Apart from holding loads exceptionally well, it’s well-made too. And like all the high-end wagons, it’s dumping feature actually works!
Another good thing about getting yours from the Agri-Fab is that they really care for you. If you get any defective parts or if something is missing, let them know about it before you leave a bad review.
No longer you will be dreading about your yard work as long as you have this well-made trailer. You can move it easily with your bare hands. Thanks to its lightweight construction.
Features & More Goodies
- Steel frame with a durable and sturdy poly bed.
- Both pull and turn are great. A well-designed trailer.
- 17 cubic feet poly bed. Fairly large in size with 800 pounds of capacity.
- It features pneumatic tires with 6205 roller bearings for great movement on rough surfaces.
- Also, you will love the grease fittings for the wheels.
- Solid 1-inch axle bar.
- Perfect for any riding lawnmower including zero-turn mowers and the hitch pin attachment is universal.
- Intelligent foot-activated pedal for easy dumping.
- Orange color frame.
- Poly bed finish will get scratched easily.
How To Get The Best Lawn Mower Dump Cart?
If you don’t analyze your needs first, you will get the wrong trailer and end up leaving bad feedback. Any steel made wagon lasts for a long time.
You should spend some decent time reading all the features to avoid disappointment. I have listed some important points and I encourage you to remember them while you pick yours:
- Capacity/Max Load
The maximum load capacity is an important determining factor while picking one. Most consumer-grade ATV dump trailers have at least 500 to 1,000 pounds of capacity. That should be enough for any household needs.
However, you should not get anything lower than 400 pounds. If you need anything more than that to move rocks and large timbers, you should get a heavy-end model with more than 1,000 lbs. of capacity.
Of course, the higher capacity will also cost you more than the conventional household wagons. But always pay extra attention to the capacity first.
- Materials Used
They are basically steel-made but some brands used a few plastic materials for some components too. Carts that are made of durable plastic components are for light usage.
But if you need it for heavy-duty usage, you should only get the metal-made wagon.
Convenient usage is important. You will make a big mistake if you think you will be using it just for your garden needs. The wheels and the material used determine the mobility of the ATV cart.
Of course, other factors like the thread used and material and size of the wheels determine the mobility too. But pay extra attention to the wheels. Make sure it can move smoothly on all rough terrain.
I strongly recommend getting one that can swivel. That way, no matter how tight turns it has to make, it won’t be a problem at all.
Of course, lightweight is always convenient and less tiresome to pull on all surface types. But the lightweight requirement should not compromise the sturdiness of the trailer.
If it is already heavyweight before you load anything on it, you will find it tiresome to pull. Of course, if you tow it to the tractor that will become a different story. But, you should want to keep the weight at an acceptable limit.
As I said above, you will not be using it just for one purpose. I have seen people using a trailer for shopping too. That’s why considering the versatile usage is important too.
Whatever cart you get, it can effectively manage not only mulch and plants but also equipment, firewood, soil, heavy timber, and so on. The gardening task is its main job, but you should keep your options open.
Check your budget and match it with the cost of the ATV wagon. I did not find a massive price gap among various brands. But to avoid paying extra, check the features to understand whether it deserves it or not.
When you are buying it online, you can’t physically examine it. You will have to trust whatever the manufacturer reveals. To validate the manufacturer’s claims, reading actual feedback from customers is priceless!
Having a lawn mowing trailer is a must whether you have a lawn tractor or not. It has various usages. If you don’t want to be disappointed, get the best dump cart for lawn tractor even if it cost you a little extra.
I don’t see any reason why not to have a Gorilla cart for this purpose.