Questions arise with its locking mechanism since you need to unlock it with every start. Thus, we’re here to answer your most basic question—how to unlock Dewalt miter saw?
When it comes to the right saw, Dewalt is always welcome in the picture. It’s jam-packed with seamless features, smooth design, and easy to use mechanism. What’s more, these are safer than most other contemporaries.
But you need to know the unlocking hack including some troubleshooting tips to get the most out of it. This in-depth article will help you out.
Step By Step Guide to Unlock the Dewalt Saw
Before you break into a sweat, let me clarify this — this entire ordeal will only take a few minutes. So, just read and follow through. Just a few rotations and spins with the knobs and pins should do the trick. For easier comprehension, we have listed the steps below.
- Unlocking The Miter Head
Check the miter saw from the top to find a small knob or pin. That knob is essentially used to keep the heat locked and trapped inside.
Remember to stand behind the machine before attempting. The metal pin on these miter saws is usually designed with a thick metal rail running along with the saw.
Should you have issues locating the pin, notice the metal bit sticking out on the inside or outside of these rails – that’s it.
Thus, in order to unhinge the lock, apply pressure on top of the knob, and it shall come off easily. In a few models, the lock could be secured with a pin instead of a knob.
Good news: unlocking the Dewalt miter saw locking pin is not any tougher than the knob. Phew.
- The Locks
Now, we will be moving on to the down and push locks found in almost all Dewalt miter saws. These locks are usually contained by knobs. Thus, we will need to play around with these knobs for unlocking the system.
- These knobs are usually moveable and removable with the lightest pressure. Apply minimum pressure and push down on the knob to unlock.
- On the other hand, if you’re dealing with the common push or pull locks, you may have to deal with pins and knobs. For either of the cases, simply apply minimum pressure to unlock them.
News flash: you don’t have to exert all your strength into this. A gentle push will go a long way.
- Angle Locks
Dewalt miter saw angle locks are most commonly found on the front side of the Dewalt saws. Unlocking these will eventually lead you to put any material such as wood in between the object and to see it in action.
- Firstly, locate the knob that is usually utilized to keep the angle locks shut. These locks could also be kept together by knobs or pins, traditionally located one behind the other.
- Simply, push the pin or the knob using your most dominant finger. Whether your model has pins or knobs securing the angle lock, the key to unlocking them both is the same — one push, and you’re done.
- Knurled Lock
The knurled knob locks are the simplest to maneuver in Dewalt miter saws. Before starting your craft just twist the knurled knob in a counterclockwise rotation and, voila, you are done!
- Unlock The Bevel:
This may not be applicable for all Dewalt miter saws. However, if your purchase’s product description specifically highlights a ‘bevel cut‘, you will have to unlock the bevel as well.
Now, there are variations to this too. The design of the bevel could be of fixed or tilted nature. This unlocking mechanism is only needed for the tilted positioning and angle.
The generic Dewalt bevel cuts are at either 45 or 90-degrees.
There are 3 adjustments on how to rotate Dewalt miter saws, 2 for the 45-degree bevels and 1 for the 90-degree bevel.
- Take a small square to understand how far you are from the square. Use the 90-degree adjustment at the rear of the saw; turn it with a range until you’re at spot-on 90-degrees.
- For the first 45-degree adjustment, take your square and remove the ruler, so the head is used for the 45-degree angle measurement. Get the adjustable fence out of the way from one side. Tilt the head of the equipment to a 45-degree setting. Place the square and head together and turn the bolt on the back of the saw in order to adjust.
- Go ahead, and make the same adjustments on the opposite side for the other 45-degree angle.
- In order to set up the angled position, you will need to slide the stoppage pin that’s attached to the miter saw which should be located at the base of the miter saw.
- Afterward, you will have to push onto the pin and adjust the angle according to your preference.
- Unlock The Base:
Ever heard users rave about how Dewalt miter saw won’t slide? That’s right, they won’t. In order to experience the smoothest convenience, Dewalt miter saws are built with a table or base at the bottom of the entire structure.
But, these tables aren’t fixed in a position, so you’re free to adjust them according to your need.
- In case of a moveable table or base, you will have to unlock it before you start operating. The knob for these locks is usually found at the bottom.
- And in order to get started, twist that knob and adjust the base according to your preference. When you’re happy with the positioning, just turn it back and you will have a locked base again.
- Unlock The Slider
This will be helpful if you own a sliding compound Dewalt saw. The knob of the slider is usually located at the base.
- In order to unlock it, just turn it in an anti-clockwise rotation so that the slider is released, and you can easily slip your arms inside or outside.
- Remember to twist it back into position once you’ve reached your desired position.
Now, watch the video to learn both to lock and unlock any miter saw.
Safety Tips To Deal With Any Miter Saw
Having trouble with your wooden projects? It doesn’t matter if you’re an expert or a newbie, the perfect saw can shoo away all your worries and give you quicker results, especially if you’d like to take additional help with chopping wood.
It’s mostly the same technique, whether you’re using a newer or older version of miter saws. However, Dewalt products are built to be unique and stretched out to the products’ mechanism.
But the good news is you already know how to deal with your Dewalt. Now, I strongly recommend following these safety tips:
- Unplug the miter saw before making any of the adjustments.
- Do not touch the blade while unlocking any part of the Dewalt miter saw.
- Ask for expert help if you’re specifically struggling with any of the locks.
- Wear all the necessary safety gear at all times, such as goggles and gloves.
- You can watch YouTube videos for better comprehension and visual representation of how things are done.
- Refer to the user manual that the miter saw comes with.
- Refrain from applying excessive pressure on the knobs or pins.
- Never unlock or use saws in a hurry.
Now you know how to unlock the Dewalt miter saw. If you follow our guide thoroughly while maintaining all the safety procedures, this should be a piece of cake.
Even though most users get easily frustrated about unlocking multiple locks each step of the way, it’s a lot safer, especially when potent machinery that can literally chop wood into pieces is in question.
Once you get the hang of it, you will experience authentic convenience, safety, and advanced features — thanks to Dewalt.